Small Internet Guide Book
The internet has lots of useful information to offer. But there are dangers lurking behind it all. We've gathered 10 tips for you to show how you can move around the net more safely.
1. Don't ever meet up with strangers that you have met through the internet without having an adult close by!
Unfortunately some people can lie or pretend to be your friends. They can be dangerous!
2. Remember that the people you meet in the internet aren't always who they claim to be!
A username is like a mask. You never know who's hiding behind it.
3. Don't tell anyone your password!
Not even your best friend! If you get into an argument some time, it might cause problems.
4. Don't tell anyone in the net your real name, address or the name of your school!
You never know who reads it. There are people who want to find out things like that so they could find out where you are.
5. Your phone number doesn't belong in the internet!
Otherwise it'll easily spread across the internet. You wouldn't give it to random people on the street either, would you?
6. Don't send photos of yourself!
Don't send photos of yourself if you haven't spoken to your parent or another trustworthy adult about it first.
7. Talk to an adult if someone bullies or threatens you in the chat!
No one has the right to hurt you! If you need to talk to an adult you can call a help line :
US/Canada - Childhelp: 1-800-4-A-CHILD
UK - NSPCC Childline: 0800 1111
New Zealand - Whatsup: 0800 - 942 87 87
Australia - Kids helpline: 1800 55 1800
EU - 116 111
8. It's not just cowardly to bully others in chats, it's also punishable!
You don't always agree with everybody. Still it's forbidden, even lawfully, to insult or bully others!
9. Talk to a grown up about it who you can trust!
If you come accross websites that make you feel uncomfortable or scared, talk to a grown up about it who you can trust.
10. Never answer e-mails or take part in chats that you feel bad about or can't trust!
Stop the discussion and ask a trustworthy adult about it.
Do you want to learn more about surfing safely?
Why don't you visit Oscar the dolphin at Panfu's beach! Have fun surfing!